Important Dates for Registration & Admission
- Register for the Placement/Scholarhsip Test by calling the school or using the form located in the Open House packet.(Students from the Holy Cross System Elementary Schools do not need to register for the test because it will be given in your home school.)
- Take the Placement/Scholarship Test on Saturday December 9, 2017 at Holy Cross High School from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For more information regarding the Placement Test for Holy Cross High School, please see “Important Dates.”
- On Febraury 7, 2018, at Holy Cross High School a general meeting will be held with all parents of students who have taken the test to explain the test results, curriculum, and subject possibilities for the 9th Grade.
- Private interviews will be arranged with each family to choose the correct course of studies for the freshman year and to begin the scheduling process. Appointments will be made during the month of March.
- Please feel free to call the school at 570-346-7541 at any time if you have questions or are in need of futher information.
About the Placement Test
The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is required of all incoming students into grade 9. Transfers to the upper grade levels are not required to take the HSPT.
The High School Placement Test will be administered in all the feeder schools in the Holy Cross system, and any student not in our feeder schools will be able to take the HSPT on Saturday, December 12th. The test starts at 8:30 A.M. with registration starting at 8:00 A.M. Students can pre-register by calling the school (570-346-7541) or completing the registration form that was part of the open house packet. Students may also register at the school the day of the test. Saturday, December 19, is the snow date test in case of cancellation due to inclement weather. Cancellations will be posted on television stations WNEP-TV, WYOU-TV, and WBRE-TV.
The High School Placement Test is made up of five sections. They are the Cognitive Verbal and Cognitive Quantitative Sections and the Basic Skill Sections of Reading, Mathematics, and Language. The HSPT is a standardized test and the student results will be compared to both local and national scores. The test takes approximately two hours and forty-five minutes to complete. There is no charge for the test. Test results will be available on Tuesday, February 9, 2015 in the Holy Cross High School auditorium at 7:00 P.M. Results of the test given at the feeder schools and will be used to determine Scholarship awards. Students unable to take the HSPT on any of the scheduled date(s) can take the test at the high school by calling the school to set up a test date.
Transfer students will be considered for admission by calling Mrs. Cathy Chiumento, Assistant Principal, for an interview appointment. Families should bring with them a copy of their high school transcript and any grades to date, including their present class schedule. Please call the school for more information or to schedule an appointment.